Become a microinsurance master.
2 weeks immersion training
at a microinsurance champion
mostly out of the office
8 weeks tailored coaching
by internationally renowned
You & your business thrive
with transformative insights,
frameworks and tools
Microinsurance Master for life
be part an inspiring community of changemakers
“a truly transformative programme”
Programme part 1: 2-week immersion
Gain an insider perspective of a microinsurance champion
a leading South-African microinsurer:
It starts from the client
"You’ve got to start with the customer experience and work back to the product, not the other way around."
Adapted from Steve Jobs
Overview of the immersion programme
- Microinsurance’s why & the microinsurance business case
- Microinsurance customer development & business model canvas
- Meet the clients: Customer centricity & customer discovery in practice
- Microinsurance products’ value proposition
- Meet the clients: Value proposition testing in the field
- Meet the clients: we spend the day with clients
- Day off: Johannesburg city tour
- Product market fit & distribution channels
- Growth hacking & performance monitoring
- Claims handling: the moment of truth
- Microinsurance stakeholders: investors and regulation
- Project presentation to the host’s leadership & the way forward
Programme part 2: 8 weeks tailored coaching
Accelerate your business with guidance from
We learnt so much from the practical workshops, talking to Pioneer, its partners and its clients."
It really makes Microinsurance Master unique and very practical. "
Programme part 3: Alumni network (for life)
“We now have a direct connection with like-minded organisations and some of the greatest industry leaders. That’s priceless.”
Who will you be joining on the programme?
“A diverse mix of voices leads to better discussions, decisions, and outcomes for everyone.”
Sundar Pichai, CEO, Google
Who delivers the programme?
The programme is guided by a host, a facilitator, and coaches – all of whom have impressive track records in the microinsurance sector.
Your host: Hollard Insurance
Hollard Insurance is the largest private insurer in South-Africa, providing both life and non-life insurance. It has over five million policy holders in 11 countries on four continents.
Hollard is a purpose-driven insurer that views the low-income market as a core element of its strategy in South Africa and internationally. Key to Hollard’s sustained growth has been its partnership philosophy, boasting over 100 ventures across the insurance value chain.
We camp out in their offices in South Africa for two weeks, going behind the scenes and out of the office to experience first-hand their successful microinsurance recipe.
The supporting partners
The Microinsurance Master programme is created in partnership with:
Program dates and investment
Microinsurance Master runs once a year. The 2020 edition starts on 2 March 2020 in Johannesburg, South-Africa. The immersion ends on 13 March 2020, with coaching continuing for 8 weeks thereafter.
The investment to join the accelerator is is 10650 US Dollar.
What’s not included?
Join with a unique Return on Investment guarantee
What happens next?
The application process is simple:
- Your profile
- The profile of your organisation
- Your motivations for applying
- Your potential group fit
- Any conflict of interests with the host organisations, Hollard Insurance (Note: they are serious about sharing their insights and we want to make sure that this will be treated in an appropriate manner).
- Submission date: Places will be awarded on a first come first serve basis. We will choose a diverse group, so the sooner you apply the better your chance of approval.