Become a microinsurance master.
2 weeks immersion training
at Pioneer Microinsurance
mostly out of the classroom
8 weeks tailored coaching
by internationally renowned
You & your business thrive
with transformative insights,
frameworks and tools
Programme part 1
Learn by doing from a microinsurance champion (2 weeks)
Effective learning requires practice by doing.
That’s why we spend the first two weeks camped out at Pioneer Microinsurance, the leading microinsurer in the Philippines:
This will extend you out of your comfort zone and will foster peer learning that sets the basis for a leadership network that will outlast the programme.
Starting from the client
"You’ve got to start with the customer experience and work back to the product, not the other way around."
Adapted from Steve Jobs
We follow a microinsurance customers’ journey, with purpose-driven leadership and client centricity at the core of all training.
Next, we put the theory into practice to make the knowledge last.
Overview of training agenda
- Microinsurance’s why & the microinsurance business case
- Microinsurance customer development & business model canvas
- Meet the clients: Customer centricity & customer discovery in practice
- Microinsurance products’ value proposition
- Meet the clients: Value proposition testing in the field
- Weekend: Excursion & field trip
- Product market fit & distribution channels
- Growth hacking & performance monitoring
- Claims handling: the moment of truth
- Meet the clients: Validating your plan
- Project presentation to the host’s leadership & the way forward
Programme part 2
Apply your learning with tailored coaching (8 weeks)
The success of your training will be determined by how well you apply the takeaways from it back home.
That’s why the important second step is tailored online coaching for 8 weeks.
Who will be attending?
“A diverse mix of voices leads to better discussions, decisions, and outcomes for everyone.”
Sundar Pichai, CEO, Google
Who delivers the programme?
The programme is guided by a host, a facilitator, and coaches – all of whom have impressive track records in the microinsurance sector.
Your host: Pioneer Microinsurance
As the leading microinsurer in the Philippines, Pioneer Microinsurance develops both life and non-life products.
The company formed a remarkable joint venture with CARD MRI, the largest MFI in the country. Card Pioneer is the first microinsurance company in the Philippines to specifically address the calamity, agriculture, and income-loss insurance needs of the low-income population. Pioneer Microinsurance records 18 million enrolments generating 18,5 million USD in revenue.
Pioneer Microinsurance got recognised by CGAP for its immersion visits to its clients. Client discovery helps the company to test and improve its microinsurance offering. One of the keys to its success is paying claims rapidly – half of them within 2 days!
Coaches of the 2018 edtion include:
The supporting partners
The Microinsurance Master programme is created in partnership with:
Dates and costs
The Microinsurance Master programme started on February 26, 2018 in Manila, the Philippines. The training ended on March 9, 2018, with coaching continuing for 8 weeks thereafter. Dates of the 2019 session will be announced shortly. Leave us your email address to stay updated.
The participation fee for the 2018 edition was 10650 US Dollar.
What’s not included?
What happens next?
The application process is simple:
- Your profile
- The profile of your organisation
- Your motivations for applying
- Your potential group fit
- Any conflict of interests with the host organisations, Pioneer Insurance and CardPioneer (they are serious about sharing their insights and we want to make sure this will be treated in an appropriate manner).
- Submission date: Places will be awarded on a first come first serve basis. We will choose a diverse group, so the sooner you apply the better your chance of approval.