Become a microinsurance master.
“a truly transformative accelerator”
Accelerator part 1: Two-week immersion
2023 dates to be confirmed
Gain an insider perspective of a microinsurance champion
You spend two weeks camped out Pioneer Insurance in the Phillipines, one of the world’s leading microinsurers. You will
It starts from the client
"You’ve got to start with the customer experience and work back to the solution, not the other way around."
Adapted from Steve Jobs
Overview of the immersion programme
- Microinsurance’s why & the microinsurance business case
- Microinsurance customer development & business model canvas
- Meet the clients: Customer centricity & customer discovery in practice
- Claims handling: the moment of truth
- Product market fit & distribution channels
- Meet the clients: we spend the day with clients
- Day off: Manila city tour
- Meet the clients: Value proposition testing in the field
- Microinsurance products’ value proposition
- Growth hacking & performance monitoring
- Microinsurance stakeholders: investors and regulation
- Project presentation to the host’s leadership & the way forward
Accelerator part 2: three months of mentoring
Following the two-week immersion
Accelerate your business with guidance from
The important second step of the accelerator are eight online mentoring sessions in the three months after the immersion.
Accelerator part 3: Alumni network
“We now have a direct connection with like-minded organisations and some of the greatest industry leaders. That’s priceless.”
Our alumni already include 74 CEOs and microinsurance champions from 31 countries, representing:
Who should join the accelerator?
“A diverse mix of voices leads to better discussions, decisions, and outcomes for everyone.”
Sundar Pichai, CEO, Google
The accelerator is guided by a host, a facilitator, and coaches – all of whom have impressive track records in the microinsurance sector.
Your host: Pioneer Insurance
Microinsurance Master works with seasoned leaders in the sector. The wealth of experience that they bring will ensure your mentoring needs are amply met.
Industry experts who have mentored our participants include:
The supporting partners
The Microinsurance Master programme is created in partnership with:
When does it start?
Microinsurance Master runs once a year.
The start date of the 2023 edition has yet to be confirmed. The programme will start with a two-week immersion, followed by eight mentoring sessions in the three months thereafter.
What is the investment to join?
The investment to join the accelerator in 2022 was 11,950 US Dollar.
What’s not included?
Join with a unique Return on Investment guarantee
Note that there is limited availability for this guarantee and it is subject to approval.
What happens next?
Apply now to join Microinsurance Master in 2023 There are only 20 seats, and several have already been confirmed.
The application process is simple:
- The microinsurance agenda of your organisation
- Your profile
- Your motivations for applying
- Your potential group fit
- Any conflict of interests with the host organisation, Pioneer Insurance
- Submission date: Places will be awarded on a first come first serve basis. We will choose a diverse group, so the sooner you apply the better your chance of approval.