“a truly transformative accelerator”
Take the guesswork out of your microinsurance activities by joining the Microinsurance Master accelerator programme.
Read on to find out the details of the 2023 edition, who it’s for, and how to apply, as recommended by 74 Microinsurance Masters with a 97% rating.
Accelerator phase 1: Two-week immersion
3 to 14 July 2023
Gain an insider perspective of a microinsurance champion
You spend two weeks in Kenya, where we will visit several exciting microinsurers
It starts from the client
"You’ve got to start with the customer experience and work back to the solution, not the other way around."
Adapted from Steve Jobs
Overview of the immersion programme (draft)
- Microinsurance’s why & the microinsurance business case
- Microinsurance customer development & business model canvas
- Meet the clients: Customer centricity & customer discovery in practice
- Claims handling: the moment of truth
- Product market fit & distribution channels
- Meet the clients: we spend the day with clients
- Day off: Nairobi city tour
- Meet the clients: Value proposition testing in the field
- Microinsurance products’ value proposition
- Growth hacking & performance monitoring
- Microinsurance stakeholders: investors and regulation
- Pitch your solution & the way forward
Accelerator phase 2: three months of mentoring
Following the two-week immersion
Accelerate your business with guidance from industry leaders
The important second step of the accelerator are eight online mentoring sessions in the three months after the immersion.
Accelerator phase 3: Alumni network
“We now have a direct connection with like-minded organisations and some of the greatest industry leaders. That’s priceless.”
Our alumni already include 74 CEOs and microinsurance champions from 60 organisations in 31 countries, including:
Who should join the accelerator?
“A diverse mix of voices leads to better discussions, decisions, and outcomes for everyone.”
Sundar Pichai, CEO, Google
The accelerator is guided by a host, a facilitator, and coaches – all of whom have impressive track records in the microinsurance sector.
APA, Britam, Turaco, Vision Fund and the other organisations we will visit during our immersion in Kenya have a ton of lessons to share from their microinsurance journey – good and bad.
We will spend time with their leaders and staff and visit branches and clients to gain a deep understanding of the pros and cons of their business models.
Your facilitator: Bert Opdebeeck
Bert Opdebeeck will be your key contact and guide during training:
Microinsurance Master works with seasoned leaders in the sector. The wealth of experience that they bring will ensure your mentoring needs are amply met.
Industry experts who have mentored our participants include:
and Katie Biese, Andrea Camargo, Barbara Chesire-Chabbaga, Bill Collins, Peter Gross, Anne Kamau, Lemmy Manje, Clémence Tatin-Jaleran and Martina Wiedmaier-Pfister.
We will select the most suitable mentor for your specified needs.
The supporting partners
The Microinsurance Master programme is created in partnership with:
When does it start?
Microinsurance Master runs once a year.
The 2023 edition will start on 3 July. The programme will start with a two-week immersion in Kenya, followed by eight mentoring sessions in the three months thereafter.
What is the investment to join?
The investment to join the accelerator is 11,950 US Dollar.
74 Microinsurance Masters praise their return on investment with a 97% recommendation rating.
What’s not included?
Join with a tailored payment plan
For organisations that cannot pay the full investment upfront, we can agree on a payment plan:
Note that there is limited availability to join us with a payment plan. Contact us as soon as possible to discuss your eligibility.
What happens next?
Apply now to join Microinsurance Master in 2023 There are only 20 seats, and several have already been confirmed.
The application process is simple:
- Your organisation: the microinsurance ambition and support for your application
- Your profile and motivation
- Your potential group fit
- Submission date: Places will be awarded on a first come first serve basis. We will choose a diverse group, so the sooner you apply the better your chance of approval