Become a microinsurance master.
2 weeks immersion training
at a microinsurance champion
mostly out of the office
8 weeks tailored coaching
by internationally renowned
You & your business thrive
with transformative insights,
frameworks and tools
Microinsurance Master for life
be part an inspiring community of changemakers
“a truly transformative programme”
Programme part 1: Two-week immersion
Gain an insider perspective of a microinsurance champion
We spend two weeks camped out at a leading microinsurer. Our hosts include Pioneer Insurance (PH) and Hollard (SA):
It starts from the client
"You’ve got to start with the customer experience and work back to the product, not the other way around."
Adapted from Steve Jobs
Overview of the immersion programme
- Microinsurance’s why & the microinsurance business case
- Microinsurance customer development & business model canvas
- Meet the clients: Customer centricity & customer discovery in practice
- Microinsurance products’ value proposition
- Meet the clients: Value proposition testing in the field
- Meet the clients: we spend the day with clients
- Day off: Johannesburg city tour
- Product market fit & distribution channels
- Growth hacking & performance monitoring
- Claims handling: the moment of truth
- Microinsurance stakeholders: investors and regulation
- Project presentation to the host’s leadership & the way forward
Programme part 2: Eight tailored coaching sessions
Accelerate your business with guidance from
We learnt so much from the practical workshops, talking to Pioneer, its partners and its clients."
It really makes Microinsurance Master unique and very practical. "
Programme part 3: Alumni network (for life)
“We now have a direct connection with like-minded organisations and some of the greatest industry leaders. That’s priceless.”
Who will you be joining on the programme?
“A diverse mix of voices leads to better discussions, decisions, and outcomes for everyone.”
Sundar Pichai, CEO, Google
The programme is guided by a host, a facilitator, and coaches – all of whom have impressive track records in the microinsurance sector.
Your host: Pioneer Insurance
As the leading microinsurer in the Philippines, Pioneer Microinsurance develops both life and non-life products.
The company formed a remarkable joint venture with CARD MRI, the largest MFI in the country. Card Pioneer is the first microinsurance company in the Philippines to specifically address the calamity, agriculture, and income-loss insurance needs of the low-income population. Pioneer Microinsurance records over 20 million enrolments.
Pioneer Microinsurance got recognised by CGAP for its immersion visits to its clients. Client discovery helps the company to test and improve its microinsurance offering. One of the keys to its success is paying claims rapidly – half of them within 2 days!
We camp out in their offices in the Philippines for two weeks, going behind the scenes and out of the office to experience first-hand their successful microinsurance recipe.
The supporting partners
The Microinsurance Master programme is created in partnership with:
Programme dates and investment
Microinsurance Master runs once a year, starting with a two-week immersion, followed by eight coaching session in the three months thereafter. Due to COVID-19, we will launch the next edition as soon as we can travel without too many health restrictions or concerns.
The investment to join the accelerator in 2020 was 10650 US Dollar (subject to change).
What’s not included?
Join with a unique Return on Investment guarantee
What happens next?
Confirm your seat now to receive complimentary coaching until we launch.
The application process is simple:
- Your profile
- The profile of your organisation
- Your motivations for applying
- Your potential group fit
- Any conflict of interests with the host organisations, Hollard Insurance (Note: they are serious about sharing their insights and we want to make sure that this will be treated in an appropriate manner).
- Submission date: Places will be awarded on a first come first serve basis. We will choose a diverse group, so the sooner you apply the better your chance of approval.